Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Table Saws and other Wood Working topics.
Are saws safe for everyone?
Like any tool, especially power tools, there are three things to remember: Safety. Safety. Safety. Below are some basic safety tips to follow:
- Start by reading the safety information provided by the manufacturer. Contact the manufacturer for any information on the tools.
- If your table saw is used, be sure to do a good inspection of all the moving parts and electrical wires before use.
- If the saw is not in use, lower the blade below the table.
- Always disconnect the power before changing blades or adding accessories.
- Always wear safety glasses and never wear clothing that may get pulled into the blades.
- Never put your hands or fingers near the blade when it is on, or when there are pieces of wood between the guide and the blade.
- To avoid a loose piece of wood "kicking back" by the spinning saw blade, make sure to leave the guard on.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.